This online course features experienced teacher, curriculum developer, and national trainer Catherine Ritz. You will learn practical ways of achieving ACTFL’s goal of 90%+ use of target language in your world language classroom. This course also covers how to effectively structure your lessons and create comprehensive speaking performance assessments with focus on communicative proficiency.
You’ll receive ready-to-use ideas and strategies to increase the time both you and your students spend communicating in the target language. Catherine shares true-and-tried methods to set and maintain the expectation of speaking in the target language at least 90% of the time, beginning with the first day of class. You will learn how to effectively create lesson plans so that you and your students are using the target language almost exclusively. Catherine also shares how to create speaking assessments with a focus on communicative proficiency, and evaluate all three modes of communication: interpersonal, presentational and interpretive.
You will learn how to:
- Engage your students in the target language from day one
- Create an environment where speaking the target language is the norm
- Increase the time both you and your students use the target language in an authentic way
- Motivate your students to communicate authentically and almost exclusively in the target language
- Structure your learning targets to include students in the planning process and establish use of the target language as an expectation in every lesson plan
- Create speaking performance assessments that focus on communicative proficiency and provide opportunities for students communicate interpersonally
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: Not Available at This Time
There are no reviews for this course at this time.