This course focuses on five core elements essential to successfully implementing PBL to enhance STEM in grade K-8 classrooms: planning, launching the lesson, managing the middle, integrating assessments, and the final project. The purpose of this course is to demonstrate how these core elements provide a framework for implementing PBL/STEM across grade levels and content areas.
You will learn how to:
- Incorporate key components of the Next Generation Science Standards into your own secondary science classroom
- Significantly increase student motivation in learning science
- Develop instructional strategies that help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for engineering
- Strengthen student understanding of complex science phenomena using crosscutting concepts
- Use the science and engineering practice of modeling to strengthen your science instruction
- Immerse students in real-world science scenarios to increase motivation and learning and incorporate science and engineering practices
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDTU 9012
There are no reviews for this course at this time.