In order for students with Asperger Syndrome and high-functioning autism to meet and exceed grade level standards, they must be able to fully participate in classroom lessons and activities. In this online learning course, teachers in inclusive classrooms demonstrate practical, innovative ways to successfully strengthen the engagement and learning of students on the autism spectrum.
The strategies and techniques demonstrated in this unique online learning course can be used effectively by classroom teachers, specialists, administrators and support staff.
You will learn how to:
- Implement highly effective strategies that reduce students' anxiety, promote self-regulation, and maximize on-task classroom behavior
- Incorporate multi-modal techniques into class management and instruction to meet the needs of students with Asperger's and high-functioning autism
- Successfully prevent and redirect inappropriate behaviors through the use of social stories, power cards, T-charts, and more
- Artfully combine intervention strategies to move students from resistance and withdrawal to re-engagement in learning
- Maximize focused participation in classroom learning for students on the autism spectrum
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDNU 9068
"I am so grateful for all the helpful ideas that have been presented in this course!"
– D. Garratt
"This online course was easy to use. I loved watching the videos with real students and teachers. I am a visual learner and it always helps to see the strategies being used in real life situations. I feel like I have new strategies to try."
– S. Dobernecker
"This course provided me with additional strategies to implement in the classroom with my students. The action plan will be highly useful in this implementation. I found the information provided in this course will greatly benefit my students."
– D. Kelly
"Thank you for offering so many different strategies to use. I wish my school's special education department had taken this class/course at the beginning of the school year!"
– L. Wood
"I LOVED the videos in the classroom. Very easy to follow. LOVED how it gave me practical things to use right away. Resources/downloads were very helpful and easy to use."
– N. Koranda
"I loved all the practical ideas! They are easy to understand and can be implemented at once. I will definitely be using some of these with my students."
– K. Mason