This two-part PD Resource Kit not only demonstrates a dynamic three-stage instructional framework for the teaching of comprehension processes but also provides viewers with a wealth of strategies to deepen their students' understanding of text.
Filmed in intermediate grade classrooms, the program highlights essential components of explicit comprehension instruction and broadens teachers' repertoires of engaging comprehension strategies.
Viewers learn how to:
- help students preview text in ways that promote increased reading comprehension
- use strategic questioning to strengthen and extend students' ability to make inferences
- engage students in making connections and visualizing text to enrich their understanding of characters, settings and events
- equip students with a variety of strategies for self-monitoring their own comprehension
- make good use of a variety of structures and formats to help students summarize key information from their reading
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.