Linda Hoyt and other exceptional teachers demonstrate a variety of powerful instructional strategies ideally suited to guided reading lessons in grades 3-6. The teaching strategies featured in this training program focus students' attention on key concepts, important details and underlying themes. They strengthen students' ability to comprehend and enjoy increasingly sophisticated text.
Viewers learn how to:
- make optimum use of word sorts, anticipation guides and other powerful reading comprehension tools to boost students’ understanding of what they read
- transition students’ reflection and discussion from lower-level recall into higher levels of thought
- maximize the value of lesson introductions by activating prior knowledge and helping students construct connections to the upcoming text
- challenge students to think about text in new ways
- engage students in meaningful interactions with text before, during and after guided reading
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.