Viewers will see primary teachers using a wide variety of effective strategies and techniques that help students not only master math facts but develop number sense as well.
Viewers learn how to:
- develop students’ understanding of addition and subtraction through teacher demonstrations, the use of manipulatives and kinesthetic activities
- enhance students’ facility with addition and subtraction fact families using small group activities and hands-on materials
- increase student automaticity with math facts through repeated practice in a variety of settings: whole class, partners, small groups, and individual
- use math centers to productively engage students in practicing addition and subtraction math facts
- provide additional, targeted practice opportunities for students who struggle with math facts
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.