This PD Resource Kit takes participants into intermediate grade classrooms where educators are using practical hands-on lessons and key instructional techniques for teaching problem solving. Both parts of the training program demonstrate a rich variety of ways to engage students in problem-solving models, hand-on explorations, discussions and writing.
Moving students beyond basic problem-solving strategies can be challenging. You will learn how to implement practical techniques for helping students develop and apply three more sophisticated problem-solving strategies:
- Make an organized list strengthens students' skills in organizing data effectively
- When students learn how to use logical reasoning, they are better able to think logically and make accurate generalizations
- Problems that require students to work backward develop their skill with inverse thinking
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.