This PD Resource Kit takes participants into intermediate grade classrooms where educators are using practical hands-on lessons and key instructional techniques for teaching problem solving. Both parts of the training program demonstrate a rich variety of ways to engage students in problem-solving models, hand-on explorations, discussions and writing.
Intermediate level students benefit greatly from time spent developing foundational problem-solving skills. You will learn how to help students develop and apply five basic problem-solving strategies:
- Choose an operation helps students develop an understanding of which operation to use to solve a problem
- Find a pattern moves students from recognizing patterns to using them to understand relationships between numbers and solve problems
- When students make a table, they are developing important problem-solving skills: how to record data from a problem, look for a pattern, and determine the solution
- Drawing a picture or diagram enables students to visualize and solve problems
- To be effective problem solvers, students need to learn how to guess, check and then revise as they work toward solutions
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.