This online course features Sheri Sutterley, an exceptional preschool and kindergarten teacher. The course begins by emphasizing purposeful play's important role in students' development, and Sheri offers resources and tools to integrate purposeful play in the classroom. She then provides strategies for incorporating purposeful play in two major areas of instruction – literacy and math. These two content areas are examined closely, and Sheri demonstrates how purposeful play can improve students' academic learning while having fun. The course also explores a variety of learning centers, and how purposeful play can be utilized in these centers to enhance instruction. Print and digital resources are also provided, which you can use with your students for years to come.
You will learn how to:
- Integrate purposeful play in your classroom
- Utilize purposeful play to increase students' social-emotional growth
- Improve students' literacy and math skills through purposeful play
- Implement learning centers to enhance your instruction
- Increase student engagement in learning outside the classroom
- Observe and track impact of purposeful play on students
- Advocate for play-based learning in your classroom
Watch an excerpt from this course:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.