This online course features Rasheeda Hardy, an experienced ELL teacher, instructional coach, and national presenter. The course takes an approach of asking who, what, how and why regarding accelerating students' English language acquisition and successfully exiting EL program. The who focuses on who your EL students are, and how to best reach them. Because there is a lot of differences in EL students' backgrounds and home life, successful language acquisition can look different and need to be adjusted to meet students' needs. The what focuses on what effective teaching looks like and how to increase student success. The how is the largest section of this course as it focuses on variety of strategies, practices, techniques, and tools to better support EL students so they can master English language and succeed in their academic careers. The why underlines the importance of teaching students and empowering them to own the English language and utilize it to continue their success. Finally, the course provides print and digital resources that are ready-to-use and can be utilized as soon as you start the course and continue using with your English learners for years to come.
You will learn how to:
- Quickly improve your students' language acquisition and help them succeed academically
- Increase your students reading and writing achievements by utilizing interactive strategies
- Incorporate rich language development strategies into your content instruction
- Easily gather and analyze data to significantly increase students' language and academic gains
- Build and foster engagement with your English Learners' families
- Incorporate culturally responsive EL instruction in class and in your entire school
- Help ELs advance more rapidly through every level of language acquisition in small, whole group and independent settings
- Set your EL students up for success and support rich language and literacy development
- Accelerate academic literacy and language learning by incorporating multiple sources from physical text to digital media
Watch an excerpt from this course:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.