This online course features literacy coach and national reading expert, Judy Lynch as she shares strategies to differentiate guiding reading during small group instruction. The course begins by offering ways to organize and maintain small group reading time. Judy offers dozens of practical strategies to differentiate guided reading to help struggling readers and challenge advanced readers. The course focuses on strategies to differentiate guided reading for emergent, developing and fluent readers in kindergarten, first and second grades. Another major focus is comprehension. Judy shares research-based strategies to increase students' comprehension by utilizing reciprocal teaching techniques and summarization strategies. Additionally, this course includes strategies to maximize vocabulary retention and increase reading fluency among student with various reading skills. The course includes access to additional resources such as printable templates, forms and activities for use in the classroom.
You will learn how to:
- Use differentiated instruction in your guided reading small groups to help students at all reading levels become successful readers
- Create classroom conditions that support rapid learning
- Help your students improve this summarization skills to deepen their understanding of previously read text
- Make guided reading more manageable with use of outstanding organizational ideas
- Incorporate reciprocal teaching techniques to encourage your students to instinctively discuss and question read material
- Keep the rest of your classroom productive and engaged while you teach guided reading small groups
- Combine guided reading and differentiated instruction to maximize your students' reading achievement
- Meet the varied needs of students to different reading levels by providing support to the struggling reading and challenging your fluent readers
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDLU 9994
There are no reviews for this course at this time.