Specifically designed for school-based occupational therapists, this On Demand online course is organized around video clips of a seminar presented by sought-after school therapist, Beverly Moskowitz. You’ll find dozens of practical, timesaving strategies for embedding your OT services into the classroom and integrating students’ treatment goals with academic content. You’ll learn how to incorporate strategies, measurable goals, and inclusive practices across school settings to enhance the function, participation and independence of your OT students!
The purpose of this course is to expand your professional repertoire with proven, easy-to-implement options that support best practices for Occupational Therapists and take into account the time, budgetary and instructional constraints in today’s busy schools.
You will learn how to:
- Become more familiar with your schools’ curriculum and how teachers organize their classrooms in order to complement their roles and augment yours
- Provide fine motor, manipulative, movement, sensory, and handwriting interventions during instructional time
- Create customized therapy materials you can reproduce, reuse and recycle
- Work with students across school settings to increase participation, independence and executive functioning
- Utilize conceptual frameworks in ways that increase handwriting legibility and competence as detailed in the Size Matters Handwriting Program
- Implement practical, informative, and timesaving data collection techniques
- Write measurable goals that ensure adequate training time and foster follow-through
- Build more collaborative relationships with school personnel and parents to promote follow-through of goals and strategies
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDNU 9095
Optional Professional Organization CEUs are available for this course.
AOTA Educational level Introductory; Category 2; Domain of OT
AOTA has approved this course for .3 CEUs. Click here for more information.
Click here for a downloadable course outline.
There are no reviews for this course at this time.