This online course features audiologist Suzanne Foley's seminar on auditory processing disorder. Suzanne explains what APD is, how to screen for it, and how to provide treatment. APD can often be misdiagnosed, so Suzanne shares how to minimize misdiagnosis of APD by providing information on other disorders that often present like APD. The course delves into attention deficit disorder, language processing disorder and memory deficits while providing specific and powerful treatment options for each disorder. Suzanne especially focuses on how to improve students' classroom environment to best help them succeed academically; this includes technology, curriculum modification and IEP plan ideas. Additionally, the course highlights the importance of self-advocacy and provides strategies to help SLPs empower students to understand and self-advocate for their own unique needs. The goal of this course is to maximize treatment, so it's packed with techniques, methods, strategies, tools, and resources to help SLPs successfully help students who have or may have APD, LPD, ADD and/or memory deficits.
You will learn how to:
- Rule out APD in students who show APD-like symptoms so that they can seek accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment
- Use therapy techniques to improve bottom-up auditory processing for students who have or may have APD
- Provide support and resources for students who exhibit symptoms related to auditory processing disorder
- Provide resources, support and treatment for students who have or may have language processing disorder
- Help students with memory deficits achieve greater academic success by using strategies to improve their auditory and working memory
- Advice teachers, parents and administrators on ways to help students who have or may have APD, LPD, and/or ADD succeed academically
- Support students who have or may have attention deficit disorder, often misdiagnosed as APD
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: Not Avaialable at This Time
Optional Professional Organization CEUs are available for this course.
ASHA has approved this course for 0.30 CEUs. Click here for more information.
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Suzanne Foley:
Financial: Consultant for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation.
Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
There are no reviews for this course at this time.