This online course features award-winning librarian and national presenter, Tricia Kuon, as she defines, explains and demonstrates Makerspaces. Tricia focuses on practical strategies and ideas that can be easily adapted and integrated into your current Makerspaces. Tricia addresses frequently asked questions such as: how to get started, how to connect Makerspaces to curriculum, and how to stretch your budget and resources. The course is packed with resources and strategies that will help you create Makerspaces that are not only inviting and engaging but also teach your students essential 21st century skills.
You will learn how to:
- Incorporate makerspaces into your school library to provide your students a much needed opportunity to learn and develop valuable skills
- Support STEAM skills by designing makerspaces that support and reinforce Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math skills
- Maximize your budget and resources to provide a variety of Makerspaces by using inexpensive materials and recycling or repurposing everyday items that can be easily attained
- Make your library more inviting for all students using innovative Makerspaces
- Manage your Makerspaces by getting new ideas on how to store supplies, manage new resource, allocating time for students to use Makerspaces
- Use available technology to increase student engagement and learning
- Explain what Makerspaces are and why they are important to administrators, colleagues, parents and students
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDDU 9926
There are no reviews for this course at this time.