This video-based online course features experienced English teacher Mary Ellen Ledbetter as she works with middle and high school students. She demonstrates a variety of practical and manageable strategies that help students extend and revise their writing, improve their grammar and writing mechanics, and increase the sophistication and style of their written work. All English/language arts educators – whether first-year teachers or veteran instructors – will find new, time-efficient strategies they can immediately implement in their own classrooms to improve their students’ writing.
All English/language arts teachers want to help their students meet and exceed writing standards. The purpose of this course is to demonstrate strategies and techniques for actively helping students strengthen the quality of their writing without teachers becoming overwhelmed by towering stacks of to-be-read papers.
You will learn how to:
- Boost each student’s writing competency with high-impact, student-interactive rubrics
- Design innovative writing practice activities that engage and benefit all your students
- Help students improve their grammar and language mechanics – and see the results in their writing
- Establish peer editing routines that really work
- Decrease your paper load while actually assessing students’ writing more frequently
- Give students the literary tools they need in order to effectively edit and revise their own writing
- Increase your students’ writing confidence, skills, and achievement
Watch an excerpt from this course:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.