In this course, teacher demonstrate effective ways to use tiered assignments and flexible grouping to target students’ readiness levels and interests across content areas in grades 6-12. All the approaches demonstrated in the course enhance student engagement and boost student learning.
This course contains a variety of classroom-proven differentiation strategies that enable teachers to meet the needs of a wide range of students while maintaining a steady focus on essential learning objectives. In this course, you will see how to tier assignments with appropriate levels of challenge to maximize student achievement. You will also see how to use a variety of classroom configurations to actively engage secondary-level students in learning.
You will learn how to:
- develop tiered tasks that enable all students to address essential subject area concepts and skills
- make good use of flexible grouping to enhance instruction and participation in the secondary grades
- organize and facilitate a variety of learning configurations to meet students’ academic needs
- accurately and fairly assess students’ differentiated assignments
- take advantage of rich opportunities to differentiate, scaffold and enrich student learning
Watch an excerpt from this course:
"Being able to take the courses online is extreamly helpful."
– L. LaPorte
"This course helped me think about the ways that I already break students into groups and gave me better ways to separate students into groups and tier assignments in a variety of ways."
– E. Dawson
"I really enjoyed the additional resources that you incorporated throughout the videos. In fact, I used one of the lessons in my classroom this past week. Thank you for the great tiered instruction lessons."
– S. Merrion