This online course features National Trainer Sonya Heineman Kunkel and a group of highly-skilled secondary teachers who demonstrate a number of effective strategies for enhancing the learning of students with special needs in inclusive classroom settings.
General education teachers who possess a repertoire of proven, practical ideas and strategies are more able to successfully address a wide range of student needs in secondary inclusive classrooms. This online course is loaded with sound techniques and engaging practices for creating productive, highly effective inclusive learning environments at the secondary level.
You will learn how to:
- activate students’ prior knowledge to jumpstart their thinking and set the stage for academic success
- modify instruction to meet students’ needs while maintaining curriculum rigor
- increase student engagement with grade-level materials and concepts, especially struggling readers
- incorporate a range of modalities into instruction and practice activities to make the most of student learning preferences
- boost students’ ability to commit important information to memory and make learning their own
- foster an inclusive, respectful classroom environment where all students thrive
Watch an excerpt from this course:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.