This online course features experienced Spanish-language teacher and national presenter, Diego Ojeda. Diego presents this course by demonstrating and modeling teaching strategies in Spanish. The course is packed with student-focused and practical strategies to help you strengthen your students' Spanish language skills. Diego demonstrates how to effectively use songs in class to enhance Spanish language instruction and make Spanish language more approachable for students of all levels and abilities. Additionally, the course focuses on strategies that directly empower students to build confidence and skills while learning Spanish. Diego also shares some of his favorite books to use in class and offers a selection of online resources for your future use.
You will learn how to:
- Use comprehensible input techniques to increase your students' Spanish language proficiency
- Motivate your students to communicate using Spanish when talking with you and their peers
- Create a Spanish class environment where all students are empowered and feel comfortable to participate and engage using Spanish language
- How to use technology and web tools to increase your instruction
- Accommodate diverse students' language abilities and include them in all class activities
- Build literacy in Spanish through writing and reading
Watch an excerpt from this course:
"Diego Ojeda provides a good reflection of learning vs. acquisition in our classrooms as well as a variety of activities that teachers can use to promote acquisition and target language use among our students."
- K. Groneman
"Outstanding! Wish I had more of these resources and strategies sooner. Sr. Ojeda is inspiring!"
- B. Bergen-Borda
"The course was excellent. I found the strategies presented to be very practical and I look forward to implementing them next year. "
- T. Zepeda
"I LOVE being able to have information geared specifically to teaching Spanish, even better to have it presented in Spanish!"
- C. Purkerson
"I love the on Demand PD. In my rural community there are not many opportunities for PD in the Spanish/Language area therefore having this online and on demand was perfect! I learned a great deal and I will incorporate these into my lessons come the fall."
- A. Lopez
"I loved this course. The instructor was knowledgeable, engaging and intuitive. The resources are vast and useful. The materials included are thorough yet simple. The online interface was very reliable and user-friendly."
- H. Treannie