This online course features Bonnie Angel, an experienced classroom teacher, mathematics mentor, and national presenter. The course offers numerous strategies to catch up students in math. These strategies have been divided into three sections, each of which addresses a fundamental skill – math reasoning, number sense, and problem solving. The course also explores the Georgia Numeracy Project, a free resource provided by the Georgia Department of Education, which can be utilized to catch up students.
You will learn how to:
- Effectively engage students in number talks
- Develop your students' math reasoning skills
- Interview your students to understand their thinking and find gaps in their knowledge
- Establish number sense routines to enhance your students' number sense
- Utilize the Georgia Numeracy Project to catch up students
- Transform your students from problem performers into problem solvers
- Incorporate open middle math problems in your instruction
Watch an excerpt from this course:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.