This online course features Cindy Jones, behavior specialist, experienced special education teacher, former principal and national presenter. Cindy is passionate about finding creative approaches to working with students with sever behavior problems to improve learning outcomes and provide classroom support to all students. This course is focused on strategies, tools and researched-based approaches in deescalating behavior, teaching positive behavior and resolving challenging classroom conflicts. Cindy introduces the courses by offering tools that helped her create a welcoming, inclusive classroom for students who may or may not have behavior challenges. The course is packed with ideas on how to best apply research in a classroom setting with a variety of behavior challenges. Cindy shares dozens of practical strategies and techniques that helped her and teachers nationwide alike help students reduce unwanted behavior and learn new, positive behavior.
You will learn how to:
- Create a more welcome and supportive learning environment for attention-seeking and manipulative students
- Implement necessary corrective discipline procedures without resorting to unrelated and unreasonable consequences
- Avoid escalation of power struggles using alternatives to increased force and control
- Explicitly teach interpersonal skills to help students learn appropriate behavior
- Decrease defiant and attention-seeking behaviors in your classroom
- Specifically address and support students with four types of behavior
- Effectively use relationships with students to solve difficult conflicts and maintain a more calm classroom environment
Watch an excerpt from this course:
"This course was engaging and provided me with many techniques I can see myself implementing in the future. The tools provided were very useful. "
- A. Hecht
"Thank you for this information. I definitely had both tips to use immediately and deeper things to consider as I structure my class and practice my interactions with students."
- J. L. Martinez
"Very interesting and informative. I learned tangible techniques I can use in the classroom as well as information about how the brain learns. The instructor instructor was very knowledgeable and experienced."
- G. Houk
"This was amazing and so helpful. I am an intervention teacher and see all kinds of kiddos with stories of struggle! I really appreciate the action plan and the examples of words an objects to use to help the kids. You are an amazing presenter!!"
- M. Warren
"I greatly appreciated the background information grounded in theory and brain research followed up with a plethora of useful practice strategies."
- A. Bidwell