Filmed in classrooms, grades 6-12, this two-part PD Resource Kit focuses on how to engage middle and high school students in a well managed, highly productive first day of class; establish key classroom routines to maximize daily learning; and implement practical strategies for effectively addressing disruptive student behavior, including verbal assaults and actions that are threatening or intimidating.
Viewers learn how to:
- use a versatile repertoire of powerful strategies to respectfully and effectively deal with a wide range of student misbehaviors
- adjust interventions to most successfully address students’ behaviors and intentions
- remain calm and in control, even when faced with highly inappropriate comments and actions
- stay out of power struggles and no-win confrontations with students who are seeking power or revenge
- work productively with challenging students to resolve problems and move towards more responsible classroom behavior
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.