Filmed in classrooms, grades 6-12, this two-part PD Resource Kit focuses on how to engage middle and high school students in a well managed, highly productive first day of class; establish key classroom routines to maximize daily learning; and implement practical strategies for effectively addressing disruptive student behavior, including verbal assaults and actions that are threatening or intimidating.
Viewers learn how to:
- make best use of the first day of class to set a positive tone and establish high expectations for student attitudes and behaviors
- establish and reinforce management routines and procedures to gain more time for teaching and learning
- initiate positive relationships with students using simple, straightforward strategies
- clearly communicate classroom rules in ways that increase student cooperation and compliance
- minimize conflicts between students by establishing a cooperative, learning‑focused classroom environment
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.