The lessons and activities in this video-based online learning course benefit readers at the emergent, developing and fluent levels. The strategies are designed to be incorporated by teachers, grades K-2, into shared reading and guided reading lessons and practiced by students independently at literacy centers. You will easily be able to implement these highly adaptable techniques in your own literacy program, creating powerful learning opportunities for primary readers at all levels of the word learning continuum.
You will learn how to:
- Help students internalize key word solving strategies
- Base classroom word work instruction on a well-researched word learning continuum
- Match word work lessons to students’ literacy needs, from the emergent to the near fluent level
- Use word sorts to enhance students’ thinking about word elements
- Establish a core of sight words to boost students’ reading fluency and comprehension
- Coach young readers in ways that encourage and extend their ability to self-monitor and self-correct
- Engage students in active word learning through small group, whole class and individual literacy activities
- Strengthen students’ reading independence
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDLU 9828
There are no reviews for this course at this time.