Students in grades two and three are at a unique point in their growth as writers. They are more able to expand on their ideas, more aware of the use of conventions, and more capable of writing in a variety of genres. In this On Demand online course, you’ll observe many ways to build a strong writing foundation by engaging students in daily reading, writing, spelling and word work. These practical strategies and methods can easily be incorporated into your 2nd and 3rd grade writing programs.
You will learn how to:
- Establish highly engaging daily classroom literacy routines that help students develop the habits of effective readers and writers
- Boost students’ writing development through daily teacher-led reading, writing and word work lessons
- Include effective spelling instruction in your classroom writing program
- Maximize your use of literature and non-fiction to generate writing ideas and to introduce students to different genres
- Engage diverse levels of writers through shared and guided writing experiences
- Create a low-risk/high-success atmosphere that improves the writing of all students
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDLU 9826
There are no reviews for this course at this time.