This online course features Vickie Beckwith, an outstanding school nurse with over 20 years of experience, as well as a national trainer. Throughout the course Vickie shares tips, techniques and resources to maximize your time as a school nurse. Vickie goes over the importance of emergency preparedness and offers training materials so you and your staff can be prepared for various medical emergencies. Additionally, this course focuses on how effectively and efficiently manage chronic health conditions in school settings. A large focus of this course is on how to best serve students with mental health needs. Vickie focuses on how to increase your effectiveness when addressing difficult topics like depression and bullying. Lastly, the course offers simple techniques to enrich your communication and better reach and care for students in your school.
You will learn how to:
- Maximize your time as a school nurse while still providing comprehensive care to all students
- Integrate evidence-based practice into your school nursing practice
- Improve your efficiency in managing chronic health conditions
- Update health care plans for chronic conditions using provided templates to fast track your IHP's, 504's, and emergency care plans
- Educate students and school staff to be better prepared for various medical emergencies
- Recognize risk factors and warning signs of mental health disorders and how to best respond to students going through a mental health crisis
- Enhance your communication to better reach and care for all students
- Deal with angry parents, difficult staff and unrealistic expectations
Watch an excerpt from this course:
How This On Demand Course Works
Optional Graduate Credit
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: Not Available at This Time
Optional School Nurse RN/LPN Contact Hours
BER is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15144, to offer four (4) Contact Hours for RNs and LPNs.
*APRNs in all states need to check with their credentialing agency to determine if this course meets the additional CEU requirements for their specialty area.
Click here for more information.
There are no reviews for this course at this time.