This online course features experienced special education teacher, instructional specialist, and national trainer Savanna Flakes. Savanna provides dozens of ideas, strategies and teaching tools that you can choose from to maximize learning, motivation and engagement of all your students. The course is full of practical strategies to support classroom modification, accommodations and interventions to provide greater access to the curriculum for students of various abilities and skills. The focus is on Specially Designed Instruction, class structure, and social emotional learning by providing numerous adaptable strategies, technology tools and resources that can be used in the classroom immediately.
You will learn how to:
- Strengthen your skills as a special education resource teacher or specialist
- Seamlessly integrate Specially Design Instruction strategies into your curriculum to increase special needs students’ achievement and progress on IEP goals
- Use technology to increase academic achievement for all learners by focusing on individual students’ needs and skills
- Increase your use of assessment techniques to collect student data and use it to adjust your instruction
- Motivate your students to learn by incorporating proven social emotional learning tools
- Build on the success of your current special education instruction by adding high effective and ready-to-use instructional techniques
- Increase the variety of processing modalities in all areas of the curriculum to engage students in your special education resource classroom
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDNU 9998
There are no reviews for this course at this time.