Bureau of Education & Research (BER) is the leading provider of professional development and PD training resources for educators in North America. Founded by educators in 1976, the Bureau has grown to provide national and regional PD programs across the entire United States and Canada. The Bureau is especially proud of its outstanding presenters, all of whom have extensive practical experience in their content areas and many of whom are national and international leaders in their respective fields.
BER sponsors PD seminars, conferences, institutes and train-the-trainer programs. Most PD events can be brought to schools and districts through BER's On-Site PD program.
BER also produces PD resource products for educators: PD Resource Kits, Online PD Courses, and Audio Seminars.
Our goal is to provide high quality programs based on sound research, with an emphasis on practical strategies and techniques that can be immediately implemented.
We stand behind every program and PD product we provide. If a participant is not satisfied with a PD event or product, we provide a 100% refund of the fee.
About BER Online Learning
Take advantage of high quality online courses tailored specifically to meet the needs of today's busy teachers. Choose from dozens of popular courses on the most current topics. Each online course is designed to give you a wealth of practical ideas, strategies and activities that you can use immediately with your own students.
Two Formats to Choose From
- Start whenever you'd like. You have up to 90 days to complete your course.
- Start the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Complete the course in six weeks.
- Using your own computer you'll view model strategies filmed in actual classrooms.
- Using your own computer you'll read about model strategies.
- Self-directed; work at your own pace.
- You'll complete two lessons each week over a six week period.
- You'll complete your own personal action plan of strategies you choose to implement in your own classroom. Some courses may require a short final exam.
- You'll take a final exam at the end of the course.
- Each course requires approximately five to six hours to complete.
- Each course requires approximately twenty-four hours to complete.
- Earn optional graduate level professional development credit and CEUs.
- Earn optional graduate level professional development credit.
*On Demand and Instructor-Led courses are for individual use only.