Differentiating instruction is essential to meeting the wide range of learning needs in intermediate classrooms. In this course, teachers demonstrate time-effective, practical strategies to address the range of readiness levels and learning needs in grades 3-6 classrooms and stretch all students to higher levels of thinking and achievement.
In this course you will see how classroom teachers in grades 3-6 tier assignments to maximize student achievement with appropriate levels of challenge. In addition, you'll see how to make the most of students' multiple intelligence preferences to promote a deeper understanding of content area studies.
You will learn how to:
- increase students' positive attitudes and achievement using multiple differentiation strategies
- engage students in meaningful choice during independent practice, group work and projects to capture interests and maximize retention of essential content
- differentiate during small flexible group instruction to boost students' understanding of concepts and strategies
- employ quick and easy techniques to effectively assess students' knowledge and understanding
- maximize whole group instruction of specific strategies prior to targeted small group guided practice
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDDU 9501
"I thought this course was extremely helpful. The embedded videos showing the various strategies in action were invaluable and made this course far more meaningful to me than any of the numerous articles or other differentiated instruction PD that I have read/participated in. THANK YOU!"
– F. Williams
"I found this course to be informative and organized and the resources very useful."
– R. Rozzi
"Although I have been teaching for quite some time this course was so useful and the strategies will be used right away."
– C. Castillo
"The class gave me some great ideas I could put into practice right away. I loved being able to take the class at my own pace and when and where I wanted to. I will definitely take another online course."
– M. Sams
"The videos really enhanced the course seeing words put into action addressed my learning style."
– K. Byers